We are looking for an organized and experienced medical biller to join our organization. The medical biller will be responsible for transferring patient and insurance information and initiating payment processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in billing software, medical insurance regulations, and an expert at responding to patient and insurance inquiries. The medical biller will also be responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality, handling personal information, and accurately inputting patient data into the system.
The Medical Biller is responsible for organizing patient medical costs and sending out claims to collect payment from patients and insurers. Duties include calling patients to discuss payment and develop payment plans, entering patient data, apply payments from insurance companies to open claims, follow up with account aging, and collections
- Scrub and submit all claims daily for reimbursement
- Send Patient statements and collections monthly- apply all patient and family credits prior to sending out statements.
- Employee must collaborate with the collection agency, provide authorization for collections agency to initiate small claims actions etc.
- Collaborating with patients, insurances or third-party institutions and other staff members to resolve billing inconsistencies and errors.
- Respond and research patient inquiries.
- Appeal claim denials
- Follow up on aged claims
- Daily batch total balanced.
- General pediatric knowledge.
- Monitor accounts with payment plans.
- Works with management assure billing is being completed properly.
- Participate in projects or other duties as assigned.
- Processing all payments in a timely manner.
- Willing to work effectively with other departments.
- Familiar with Windows/Word/Power Point Etc.
- Excel Knowledge is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, meticulous.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Use of computers and software programs (EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, EMR)
- Experience: 3 years experience in medical billing (pediatrics)
- Associates Degree or higher
Interested candidates may apply through our CPM Career portal. Please submit a current resume and cover letter.
Center for Pediatric Medicines team will evaluate all resumes. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our business office at 203-798-7661.