Joan A. Magner, M.D., F.A.A.P.
Dr. Magner is currently involved at CPM by teaching CPM’s Birth & Beyond class once a month with Lisa Boule. Patients will not be able to schedule future appointments with Dr. Magner and will need to be assigned to a new provider.
Dr. Joan Magner has been practicing pediatrics locally since 1984. After a career as an ICU nurse, Dr. Magner went on to medical school at John A. Burns School of Medicine at the University of Hawaii.
She received her pediatric training at Ohio State University, Columbus Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, where she also served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Magner has been awarded Top Doctor in Connecticut in 2008, 2014 and The Leading Physicians of the World in 2016.
Danbury Hospital selected Dr. Magner as the Medical Staff Honoree of the month for March 2017. “In gratitude and appreciation for exceptional performance”.
She is presently living in Brookfield with her rescue dog Gia.
Training + Education
- D’Youville College, Buffalo, NY (B.S., Nursing)
- John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HA (M.D.)
- Internship and Residency; Columbus Children’s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Chief Resident in Pediatrics, Columbus Children’s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Connecticut Top Doctor Award
- Leading Physicians of the World.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fairfield County Medical Association
- Danbury Hospital Medical Staff Member (Active)
- NCQA/ Patient Centered Medical Home
- CT State Medical Society
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health: Physician (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate/ DEA (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioner (Active)
Dr. Magner gives such special attention to my 7-year-old daughter. We’ve been with her since we moved her (my daughter was almost two). A great doctor who gives very useful advice. Asks us the right questions. She gets it and lets us ask and makes us feel comfortable discussing anything. We highly recommend Dr. Magner and the staff at Center for Pediatric medicine.
“I love this place for my kids!!! I will never need to go to the emergency room!!! They are open on weekends !!!Great doctors!!! Trusted place!!!”
“3 kids and 17 years, I still love this office. They have accommodated my kids at every stage and continue to do so.”