What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine allows healthcare professionals to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients from anywhere using smartphones, tablets or computers.
How can I make a telemedicine appointment
(We are still currently seeing patients in our Danbury office location; however, if you would like to request a telemedicine appointment we will be more than happy to schedule you one).
- Please call the front desk and schedule a telemedicine appointment (203-790-0822)
- CPM’S staff will schedule the patients appointment with the provider of choice at the next available time slot
- You will be directed to our telemedicine portal on our website
- Each provider will have a link directly below their profile picture. Please click the link and this will direct you into your own private and secure telemedicine visit
- Google chrome tends to work best for windows based software’s and androids
- Safari is best used for apple products
- You can access telemedicine using your smart phone, computer and or I-pad
- If your volume settings are not working; please message the provider using the chat feature and the provider can call you directly on your landline and or cell phone
- Make sure your camera and microphone are enabled in your browser settings. Settings > Safari > Camera > Allow Settings > Safari > Microphone > Allow
Same for Firefox and Chrome
(If you are unsure if your appointment can be completed via telemedicine, please call our office and we can help)
- ADHD Follow-Ups
- Pink Eye
- Allergy Symptoms
- Nutrition Follow-Ups
- Sleep Issues
- Potty Training
- Developmental Issues
- Lab Follow-Ups
- Care Coordination / Care Management
- And More
What is required at the time of your telemedicine visit?
- The patient, in loose clothing
- A thermometer
- A scale to measure weight
- Natural light, near a window
- Log in using a cell phone first for best video quality, but make sure the phone is not muted and turn up the volume.