What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine allows healthcare professionals to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients from anywhere using smartphones, tablets or computers.
How can I make a telemedicine appointment
(We are still currently seeing patients in our Danbury office location; however, if you would like to request a telemedicine appointment we will be more than happy to schedule you one).
- Please call the front desk and schedule a telemedicine appointment (203-790-0822)
- CPM’S staff will schedule the patients appointment with the provider of choice at the next available time slot
- You will be directed to our telemedicine portal on our website
- Each provider will have a link directly below their profile picture. Please click the link and this will direct you into your own private and secure telemedicine visit
- Google chrome tends to work best for windows based software’s and androids
- Safari is best used for apple products
- You can access telemedicine using your smart phone, computer and or I-pad
- If your volume settings are not working; please message the provider using the chat feature and the provider can call you directly on your landline and or cell phone
- Make sure your camera and microphone are enabled in your browser settings.
Same for Firefox and Chrome
(If you are unsure if your appointment can be completed via telemedicine, please call our office and we can help)
- ADHD Follow-Ups
- Pink Eye
- Allergy Symptoms
- Nutrition Follow-Ups
- Sleep Issues
- Potty Training
- Developmental Issues
- Lab Follow-Ups
- Care Coordination / Care Management
- And More
What is required at the time of your telemedicine visit?
- The patient, in loose clothing
- A thermometer
- A scale to measure weight
- Natural light, near a window
- Log in using a cell phone first for best video quality, but make sure the phone is not muted and turn up the volume.