Poonam Bherwani, M.D., F.A.A.P
Dr. Bherwani is a board-certified pediatrician and also a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Bherwani brings a wealth of experience to CPM, joining the group in June of 2017. She joins us with 11 years’ experience from a premier pediatric group in southern New Jersey.
Dr. Bherwani is also a certified (NRP) neonatal resuscitation, (BLS) Pediatric Basic Life Support and (PALS) Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
She earned her medical degree at Baqai Medical University in Karachi, Pakistan and completed her training at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center in New York.
Dr. Bherwani is proficient in Hindi and Urdu as well.
Active member of the Emergency Medical Relief Group responsible for aiding the disaster struck victims of the 2005 earthquake in North Pakistan.
Training + Education
- Baqai Medical University (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- Internship in Pediatrics: National Institute of Child Health (NICH), Karachi, Pakistan
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Baqai Medical University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Internship in Obstetrics & Gynecology: Lady Dufferin Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
- Resident Pediatrician: Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, New York (Affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College)
English, Hindi, Sindhi
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fairfield County Medical Association
- Danbury Hospital Medical Staff Member (Active)
- NCQA/ Patient Centered Medical Home
- CT State Medical Society
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health: Physician (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate/ DEA (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioner (Active)
“I love this place for my kids!!! I will never need to go to the emergency room!!! They are open on weekends !!!Great doctors!!! Trusted place!!!”
“3 kids and 17 years, I still love this office. They have accommodated my kids at every stage and continue to do so.”
Make an Appointment
Danbury & New Fairfield
M.D. of Medicine