Ana Paula Machado, M.D., F.A.A.P
Dr. Ana Paula Machado joined Dr.‘s Magner and Golenbock in 1990 and established the Center for Pediatric Medicine a few years later.
She has been awarded Top Doc in Connecticut every year 2008 through 2016.
In 2016 Dr. Machado was awarded, The Leading Physician of the World.
She graduated from Fairfield University, CT with B.S. in Biology and received her MD from the Medical College of Pennsylvania; she completed her pediatric residency at Rhode Island Hospital – Brown University.
Dr. Machado’s passion lies in community and school-based health care and has been the Medical Advisor to the Newtown Public Schools for many years.
Dr. Machado, born in Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Acores, Portugal and speaks fluent Portuguese.
She lives in Newtown with her husband, Dan, and their sons, Kevin and Christopher.
Training + Education
- Fairfield University, Fairfield (B.S.)
- Residency in Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI
- Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (M.D.)
English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Connecticut Top Doctor Award
- Leading Physicians of the World
- Medical Advisor of Newtown Public Schools
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fairfield County Medical Association
- Danbury Hospital Medical Staff Member (Active)
- NCQA/ Patient Centered Medical Home
- New York Medical College Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- CT State Medical Society
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health: Physician (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate/ DEA (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioner (Active)
“My 4-year-old daughter with special needs and I had a great visit with Dr. Machado last week. It was our first visit with this doctor. Dr. Machado took the time to review my daughter’s chart and familiarize herself with her medical issues in advance. As a result, we had a very smooth visit and all my questions were answered.”
“Not only was I a patient of Dr. Golenbock and Dr. Magner growing up, now both my kid are. I love this place for their outstanding doctors, flexible hours and knowledgeable staff. All the nurses there are so amazing! I especially LOVE Dr. Machado. She is always so proactive, on time for her appointments and really gives it all. With two locations as well, this place is perfect in my eyes.”
“I love this place for my kids!!! I will never need to go to the emergency room!!! They are open on weekends !!!Great doctors!!! Trusted place!!!”
“3 kids and 17 years, I still love this office. They have accommodated my kids at every stage and continue to do so.”
Make an Appointment
Ana Paula Machado
Danbury & New Fairfield
M.D. of Medicine