Nicholas Tzakas, M.D., F.A.A.P
Dr. Nicholas Tzakas is a Board-Certified Pediatrician and has joined the Center for Pediatric Medicine in September 2018.
Prior to joining CPM, Dr. Tzakas was in private practice in Fairfield County CT for 13 years. Prior to this, he worked in Springfield Mass at a community health center for 2 years.
Dr. Tzakas received his B.A. in Biology from Hofstra University. This was followed by medical school at SUNY Downstate Brooklyn. He then completed his general pediatrics residency at SUNY Downstate/Kings County Hospitals in Brooklyn, NY.
Upon moving to CT 13 years ago, he has lived in Newtown with his wife and 4 children. He speaks fluent Greek and is able to communicate in Spanish. In his spare time, he enjoys cooking and spending time with his family here in CT and Long Island.
He looks forward to bringing his experience and care to the children and families of the Center for Pediatric Medicine.
Language(s)English and Greek and Spanish (Proficient)
Accepted InsurancesView Accepted Insurances
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fairfield County Medical Association
- Danbury Hospital Medical Staff Member (Active)
- NCQA/ Patient Centered Medical Home
- CT State Medical Society
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health: Physician (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate/ DEA (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioner (Active)
“I love this place for my kids!!! I will never need to go to the emergency room!!! They are open on weekends !!!Great doctors!!! Trusted place!!!”
“3 kids and 17 years, I still love this office. They have accommodated my kids at every stage and continue to do so.”
Make an Appointment
Danbury and New Fairfield