Robert B. Golenbock, M.D., F.A.A.P
Dr. Robert Golenbock began practicing pediatrics locally in 1977.
He graduated from Albert Einstein School of Medicine in 1972.
After a pediatric internship and residency at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, he was Chief Resident in pediatrics at Downstate Hospital – Kings County Medical Center.
He worked in NYC as a pediatrician for the Satmar Chassidim community in Brooklyn and participated in research at Mt. Sinai Hospital until he returned to Connecticut in the late 1970s.
Dr. Golenbock has a special interest in complex, chronic illnesses in children and was awarded Pediatrician of the Year for demonstrating “medical excellence and compassion” in 2006 by the Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome and Fibromyalgia (CFIDS & FM) Association.
In 2016 Dr. Golenbock was awarded, The Leading Physican of the World.
He lives in Newtown with his wife Jane
Training + Education
English, Portuguese, Spanish, French
- Danbury Hospital Department of Pediatrics Vice/Chairman (Past)
- Connecticut Top Doctor Award
- Leading Physicians of the World.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fairfield County Medical Association
- Danbury Hospital Medical Staff Member (Active)
- Danbury Hospital Pediatric Peer Review Committee
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Westchester Medical Center
- NCQA/ Patient Centered Medical Home
- New York Medical College Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- CT State Medical Society
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health: Physician (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate/ DEA (Active)
- Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioner (Active)
We love The Center for Pediatric Medicine. We just had our second baby and received wonderful care at Danbury hospital by our pediatricians. I have an adorable picture of Dr. Golenbock holding our son up to see the new baby in her bassinet. You can tell he loves what he does.
“My 4-year-old daughter with special needs and I had a great visit with Dr. Machado last week. It was our first visit with this doctor. Dr. Machado took the time to review my daughter’s chart and familiarize herself with her medical issues in advance. As a result, we had a very smooth visit and all my questions were answered.”
“I love this place for my kids!!! I will never need to go to the emergency room!!! They are open on weekends !!!Great doctors!!! Trusted place!!!”
“3 kids and 17 years, I still love this office. They have accommodated my kids at every stage and continue to do so.”
Make an Appointment
Robert B. Golenbock
Danbury & New Fairfield
M.D. of Medicine